Monday 20 April 2009

The Caravan Site in Malta



The caravan site was found in 1978, at Għadira Bay in Mellieħa. At first people used to camp on the sandy beach during the summer holidays, but soon it was discovered that it was not hygenic to spend all the summer holidays in a camp, without adequate facilities. So the government decided that camping on the beach was prohibited and the first caravans were to be seen on the ground. Later on, even small bungalows were built.
It is a very nice area where the sandy beach can be seen and reached. Nearby there is the Nature Reserve.
My name is Natalia and during the summer, I spend my holidays in one of these bungalows. I go to swim everyday. In the evening, we have a lovely time with my family and friends. We organise a lot of barbeques and we play many wonderful games. Sometimes we invite friends to spend their day at the bungalow with us. In the morning we go for a swim, then we have lunch, in the afternoon we have a nice siesta and in the evening after dining, we go for a nice walk by the beach. We stop for an ice cream and admire the beautiful scene during night time. Many people organise barbeques on the beach, during the weekend. Summertime is really perfect because I enjoy myself a lot. It's time for relaxation and having fun. Sometimes, during winter, we also go at the bungalow to spend a day or two. It is another atmosphere, above us a nice green area and a more quiet place. I like our bungalow because I spend a happy time with my family.
Natalia Mizzi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the comments section!

We would love you to leave a comment here. Type your comment, then where it says “Comment as”, select “Name/Url” and type your name where it says name. Then click continue, enter the letters exactly as they appear and click finish.
Finally, click post comment.

Mr Purves (in Yester Primary) checks all comments before they are published to the blog.